- © 2015 Ikon Communications Pty Limited. All rights reserved in original content created by Ikon Communications Pty Limited.
- Ikon Communications Pty Limited may refer to third party material in this publication. Ikon Communications Pty Limited acknowledges that, if any material is subject to copyright, copyright remains vested in the third party whose material is featured in this publication. Any reproduction of such material by Ikon Communications Pty Limited is for the purposes of review only.
- Ikon Communications Pty Limited and its products and services are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any third party, brand or business whose material and/or case study is featured in this publication.
- If any copyright owner has any concerns regarding the reproduction of any copyright material in this publication, they can contact Ikon Communications Pty Limited via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Collection Statement
Ikon Communications Pty Ltd (ACN 087 312 918) (Ikon or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including but not limited to www.ikoncommunications.com.au;
- any related Ikon or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any Ikon or client mobile or tablet applications;
- personal information provided to us by our clients and customers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Ikon and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to Ikon
- Ikon is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. It recognises that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Ikon will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below.
Kinds of Personal Information that Ikon Collects and Holds
- Personal information that may be requested or collected by us includes:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- financial information;
- employment details;
- enquiry and complaint details;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political opinions, sexual orientation and/or criminal or medical history) we will only use this information for the purposes stated on the Collection Channel. We do not retain this information in our database.
How Ikon Collects and Holds Personal Information
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel, or provide your details to us or our clients via any Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys to us or our clients, either physically or electronically;
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information to Ikon;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any competitions, offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other Ikon, client or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in Ikon or its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including list brokers, referral agents, our clients, social media and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
- Personal information will not be collected by any person who is known by Ikon to be under the age of fifteen (15) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age fifteen (15) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
Purposes for which Ikon collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- For the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel.
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any contract between you and Ikon or you and one of our clients.
- To provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- To maintain our relationship with you.
- To render services related to Ikon.
- To manage your employment with Ikon (if applicable).
- To provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages.
- To respond to enquiries.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development.
- To share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners and other trusted third parties.
- To collect, hold, use and disclose personal information as stated above, for the purpose of providing professional services to our clients and customers.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with our group companies, promotional partners, clients and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas, including, but not limited to New Zealand and Asia.
- Failure to provide personal information may result in Ikon or its clients being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries which may include but are not limited to New Zealand and Asia. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, conducting market research, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our or our clients’ Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
Contact by Ikon
- Ikon (and its directors, servants and agents), Ikon promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Ikon companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on an Ikon database. Information may be reviewed by contacting Ikon’s privacy officer via email: email@example.com or telephone: 02 9290 7500. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Ability of others to view information
- We may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publically posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publically available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. We are not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by using the update subscription preferences function in our email communications with you or by contacting Ikon’s privacy officer via email: : firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 02 9290 7500. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Ikon and its clients being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- Ikon will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, Ikon may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including, but not limited to, your professional information and contact details. Ikon employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Ikon. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. Ikon will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
Ikon and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Ikon is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
Related Ikon Websites
Sale of the Company
Problems or queries
- Address: Level 4, 1 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Telephone: 02 9290 7500
- Email: email@example.com